Are there low profile power outlet (German "Schuko") adapters that let me plug my plug into an outlet rotated by 90°?

· · Web · 3 · 2 · 0

what I mean is that the outlet has the holes oriented horizontally and I want to plug in a plug with the prongs oriented vertically

@alinanorakari if it's a different form factor it's probably also a different power and you may fry something

@efi oh no no the plug fits in the original socket, it's the same power. I only want it for aesthetic reasons

@alinanorakari oh, then it probably doesn't exist, but should be easy to make... I've never seen one, but just a box with two cables, trivial

@efi hmmm at that point it would be easier to replace the plug on the device with one that's oriented the way I want. I guess that's a viable option

@alinanorakari yeah, and it may be possible to just rotate the one you have, actually, if it's square

@alinanorakari You can easily rotate the wall socket, but this isn't what you want is it?

@JanBittner no, at that point it would be easier (and safer) for me to change the plug

@alinanorakari I've seen low profile plugs, but without rotation. Something like this:

And I bought an adapter, which has two additional Euro sockets left and right of the Schuko socket, which had a rotation (so it won't block double wall sockets), but it's far from "low profile".

If it is a single wall socket, I'd rotate that. Usually, it's only have three screws, but switch off the circuit breaker before you begin.

Sign in to participate in the conversation

This is where Alina Norakari resides. is a personal instance. If we know you, we trust you and you ask very nicely there might be a place for you on this instance.